Sunday, February 4, 2007

Inter-blog-ual referencing...

in hopes of gently urging back the voice of my favorite blogger, here is a cyber shout-out to marie-hélène who presently finds herself nestled in the middle of the new hampshire snows...in thanks of her constant inspiration...

she and micah are back at the macdowell arts colony for the month to work on their iraq documentary. (and it is to AMERICAN HOSTAGE that the oscar goes to for the best acknowledgment in a recent work of non-fiction "and thanks to the macdowell colony, because no one can hear you scream in the woods.")


as billy strayhorn would say: "always onwards and upwards."

mh: as you write history in your cabin by the fire, know that all my admiration and love is dancing around you in celebration...


Letter to N.Y
.
by Elizabeth Bishop
For Louise Crane

In your next letter I wish you'd say
where you are going and what you are doing;
how are the plays and after the plays
what other pleasures you're pursuing:

taking cabs in the middle of the night,
driving as if to save your soul
where the road goes round and round the park
and the meter glares like a moral owl,

and the trees look so queer and green
standing alone in big black caves
and suddenly you're in a different place
where everything seems to happen in waves,

and most of the jokes you just can't catch,
like dirty words rubbed off a slate,
and the songs are loud but somehow dim
and it gets so teribly late,

and coming out of the brownstone house
to the gray sidewalk, the watered street,
one side of the buildings rises with the sun
like a glistening field of wheat.

--Wheat, not oats, dear. I'm afraid
if it's wheat it's none of your sowing,
nevertheless I'd like to know
what you are doing and where you are going.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the cyber shout-out to MH is echoed from South Carolina, where I am following the beautiful blog of Chantal while wondering what happened to MH and Micah - did you lose your keyboards in the snow? =)

Marie-Helene Carleton said...

can you hear me screaming yet? it's actually a nice, content purring this time round. but i'll let you know what sounds are made mid-editing.

so in fact what you hear is a cyber shout-out right back to my beloved folks in SC, and loving this very intertextual communication

in Letter from NH

xo to my beautiful blogger

Marie-Helene Carleton said...

just pulling that keyboard out from under the recent ice-storm!

Diana said...

yes! yes! i would like to know where you are going and what you are doing! ready for another entry!
llove,your thirsty fish

Anonymous said...

Hi There I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific quality forum!
I was sure this would be a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Hilary Driscoll
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/strawberry-shortcake-party-supplies.html]strawberry shortcake Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

I inclination not acquiesce in on it. I regard as polite post. Especially the title-deed attracted me to review the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Skip Slow Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Rapidly Search High Quality Movies, PC Games, MP3s, Applications & Download Them @ Dashing Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike