Wednesday, January 16, 2008

strings of epiphanies

I'm a new soul I came to this strange world hoping I could learn a bit about how to give and take. But since I came here felt the joy and the fear finding myself making every possible mistake - "new soul," yael naim.

I think that marketing groups have me in mind when constructing their cunning campaigns to instigate overpowering waves of lust for whichever coveted item is being mythologized: I saw the ad for the new macbook air. I fell in love. I went to the itunes stores to download the song to my new ipod nano (then youtubed the video to my video ipod). I am now completely convinced (programmed) that the only thing that yael naim and I need to safeguard ourselves from every possible mistake is a new macbook air. I do. I really believe this. I also do know that this hysteria will ebb in a few days, when I stop soundtracking all my Parisian peregrinations to this song. But for now, I am going to ride this string of lights. Just a little bit longer; just as long as it takes for me to realize that these mistakes I think that I am making are actually not mistakes. They are just me re-framing...that silence that I think is fear is only that wonderful moment when the walls fall down.

1 comment:

Marie-Helene Carleton said...

perhaps this string of words to connect me to you by the internet. from turkey to paris from here to there from you to me will appear in its exilic form the keyboard transforming the familiar letters into something a little different and speaking of new places and my old old always growing love for you coming to you from this new place. and it is possible and good to fall for beautiful technology especially if it connects you to me and you to all